Overview: Dedicated Pharmacy
Guardian is a full‐service, institutional and long-term care pharmacy – not a retail pharmacy. We partner with skilled nursing, assisted living communities and other institutional living environments to improve resident care by providing pharmaceutical services that enable caregivers to spend less time on administrative duties and more time on the comfort, safety and quality of life for your loved ones. We know for them, and for you, that’s the bottom line.
What can residents and their families expect?
Medications delivered on time, in the right dosage, to the right person, 24/7/365
With Guardian Pharmacies, you can rest assured that your loved ones will always have the medications that they need, when they need them – 24/7/365 days a year.
- Delivery – We provide regular, scheduled deliveries and emergency deliveries in case of urgent needs so there is no need to coordinate with a retail pharmacy.
- Availability – Our well‐documented filling processes ensure consistent inventory availability, eliminating the middle-of- the-night trip to the pharmacy for a family member.
- Compliance packaging – All medications are packaged with administrative documentation to assure accuracy and resident safety. Caregivers can easily administer these medications with less risk for errors.
- Technology – We use state-of-the-art technology to help eliminate medication errors and streamline communication between the pharmacy and the community.
Licensed Consulting Pharmacists who conduct medication reviews to increase patient safety and reduce cost
The average resident takes up to ten prescription medications a day, often prescribed by several different physicians. Guardian minimizes the risk of adverse reactions and ensures that only necessary medications are taken. Resident medication regimens are reviewed frequently to monitor for:
- Compatibility of the drugs
- The appropriateness of medications chosen
- Formulary compliance
This single view of every resident’s drug regimen adds an extra measure of safety and reduces cost by identifying redundancy.
Medicare Med‐D coverage guidance, education and management
- Eliminate confusion – Guardian Pharmacies recognize the complexities of Medicare Part D, and we are here to assist you in helping determine which plan offers the broadest coverage to suit your needs. We accept all plans and advocate for residents when dealing with Medicare Part D issues.
- Donut Hole management – The “Donut Hole” is the period of time each year when the individual, having spent a certain amount on prescriptions, loses all coverage and must pay everything out‐of-pocket until a second, higher expense threshold is reached. We understand the challenges associated with increased costs during this period and identify formulary alternatives when available. In addition, we keep track of participant drug expenses and liabilities.
The Guardian Promise to Residents and Families
At Guardian we add unmatched value for residents and their families. We are dedicated to responsive care and service. Our goal is simple – to enable caregivers to focus on exceptional customer care for residents.